What is submental fullness?
- Submental fullness is a gathering of excess fat beneath the chin, commonly known as “double chin.” It can be something you’ve had your whole life due to genetics, or start to appear as you get older or if you gain weight.
How many treatments do I need?
- Your specialist will create a tailored treatment plan based on your chin profile. At each treatment, you will be given multiple small injections under your chin. You may receive up to 6 treatment sessions, spaced at least 1 month apart. Many patients experience visible results in 2 to 4 KYBELLA® treatments. 59% of patients received 6 treatments in clinical studies.
Who should not receive KYBELLA®?
- Do not receive KYBELLA® if you have an infection in the treatment area. Before receiving KYBELLA®, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you: Have had or plan to have surgery on your face, neck, or chin; have had cosmetic treatments on your face, neck, or chin; have had or have medical conditions in or near the neck area; have had or have trouble swallowing; have bleeding problems; are pregnant or plan to become pregnant (it is not known if KYBELLA® will harm your unborn baby); are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed (it is not known if KYBELLA® passes into your breast milk).
- Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your healthcare provider if you take a medicine that prevents the clotting of your blood (antiplatelet or anticoagulant medicine).
What are the possible side effects of KYBELLA®?
- The most common side effects of KYBELLA® include swelling, pain, numbness, redness, and areas of hardness in the treatment area. These are not all of the possible side effects of KYBELLA®. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.