Are you tired of using harsh, ineffective, over-the-counter exfoliants and scrubs? Come experience the professional exfoliation you cannot achieve at home. At Timeless Age-Defying Laser Clinic in San Diego our microdermabrasion system uses a highly controlled flow of fine, medical grade crystals to remove the dead, outer most layer of skin. Microdermabrasion done under the care of a trained medical esthetician is a safe and effective treatment for correcting fine lines, wrinkles, sun-damaged skin, hyperpigmentation and mild acne scarring. The skin is treated to a deep, mechanical exfoliation that gently resurfaces the outer layers of the skin, removing damaged cells and stimulating the skin’s natural cell regenerating process. This in turn promotes the development of healthy cells, collagen and elastin, while softening the appearance of fine lines. The result is a healthy, smooth and even complexion. Schedule an appointment to see the results that microdermabrasion offers and reveal your new glowing complexion.
Pre & Post Treatment Instructions
- Avoid use of Accutane for 3 months prior to treatment.
- Avoid tanning treatment area including tanning beds, spray tan, and sun.
- Stop use of exfoliants (including Renova, Glycolic Acid) on treatment area one week before treatment.
- Remove makeup on area to be treated.
- Avoid chemical or mechanical irritants 1 week prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of oral herpes, you must pre-treat with an anti-viral 3 days before your scheduled visit.
- You may have mild redness and minimal swelling (like a sunburn) for a few minutes up to 48 hours. You may apply aloe vera or cold compress.
- Avoid direct sunlight. Use sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher.
- Do not apply makeup until redness has subsided.
- Avoid excessive heat, hot showers, and exercise for 24 hours as internal heat can cause hyperpigmentation. Use cool water and gentle cleansers for 48 hours.
- Flaking and dryness is common and should resolve within one week. Do NOT ever pick loose or exfoliating skin as this may cause scarring or infection.
- Avoid use of exfoliants for one week after your treatment.
- Avoid chemical or mechanical irritants 1 week after treatment.
We regret to inform you that we cannot perform microdermabrasion services on clients who are taking Accutane or Retinols due to the sensitivity these products cause to the skin.